- Stay calm and do not run away. Stay with your group and keep children close.
- Back away if you see cubs or an animal carcass. The bear will want to protect them.
- Prepare to defend yourself with bear spray.
- Back away, leaving the way you came. Keep your eye on the bear without staring at it aggressively.
- Look for a place to hide, such as a car or building.
- Speak to the bear in a soft, low voice.
Our Pocket Launcher and Plastic Crack Cartridges can be used as wildlife deterrents and the best possible way to scare off a bear or other animals before they come too close for comfort. These products create a loud banging sound effect and provides effective animal scaring at a safe distance. These products can be used to deter other animals such as coyotes, elk, deer, or even cougars. Please remember to always stay safe and prepared when adventuring outdoors.